This is my advice to any future students of DS106!
- Do NOT procrastinate!!! EVER! You will regret it if you do.
- Try and complete the daily creates right when you get a new weeks worth of assignments. It’s more stressful putting them off last minute.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Tweeting and Professor Bonds were my lifelines when I was confused.
- Comment, comment, comment! You may not understand now but you will eventually.
- Google is your friend and so is the DS106 handbook. If there is a tutorial – WATCH IT!
This class was a boat load of work but it was enjoyable. Some days were more frustrating than others but DO NOT GIVE UP. You will get it eventually and then you will be super proud of the outcome! Also it doesn’t help to have updated technology – my dinosaur laptop was not a fan of this class, but I was! The HCC was also my favorite go-to when my laptop didn’t want to cooperate. It’s actually pretty bittersweet once you’re done with everything. You’ll learn to love this class, trust me!